For the pizza dough
- 1 sachet (2 1/4 tsp) of active dry yeast or instant yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups 00 flour, plus more for dusting
For the no-cook pizza sauce
- 170g Merysa double concentrated tomato paste
- 400g Merysa sieved tomatoes
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
For the toppings
- 450g mozzarella (shredded)
- 250g Salame Piccante (sliced)
- In a bowl, combine yeast, sugar and warm water. Stir gently to dissolve with a fork. Wait until the yeast begins to foam, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the salt and olive oil. Then add half of the flour and mix with a wooden spoon until incorporated. Add the remaining flour and mix until incorporated again.
- When the dough starts to come together, lightly flour your work surface and begin kneading the dough for at least 15 minutes. If after kneading the dough is still sticky, add more 00 flour a tablespoon at the time.
- Form the dough into a round and place in a lightly oiled bowl (coat it with the oil). Cover with a kitchen towel or cling wrap and let it rise in a warm spot for 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the baking sheet in the middle rack.
- Now it's time to make the pizza sauce. In a bowl, mix the tomato paste and sieved tomatoes until well combined. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Once the dough has risen, divide the dough into 3 and form them into balls. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Flour your work surface. Roll out pizza dough into a 12-inch circle. Be sure to keep the other dough balls covered to keep them from drying out.
- Take out the baking sheet drizzle with olive oil. This is so that the pizza will not stick to the sheet.
- Transfer the pizza crust to the baking sheet. Folding your pizza dough in half or quarters makes it easier to transfer. Be sure to flour the top of the crust.
- For each pizza crust, add 3/4 cup tomato sauce and spread evenly. Add 150g mozzarella cheese, followed by around 80g salame piccante.
- Bake in the oven for 8 to 12 minutes. Turn the pizza halfway to get an even cook.
- Drizzle with olive oil and serve!
The pizza dough recipe is adapted from Food Network